Bayrische Käsespätzle (bavarian cheese spaetzle)
for 4 persons:
Kaesespaetzle is a main course of the southern German kitchen. They are egg noodles mixed with melted cheese and are very similar to mac
ncheese. Often they are served with a green salad.
- 2 ¼ cups of flour
- 3 teaspoons of oil
- 1 ⅛ cups of water
- 4 teaspoons of salt
- 6 eggs
- 3 onions
- Mix the flour, eggs, oil and salt into a thick dough.
- Prepare a boil of salted water and start boiling it.
- When the water is boiling take little parts of the dough and scrape them from a board into the water. When the dough parts reach the water surface, get them out of the water and put them onto a plate.
- Then put a little bit of cheese to every plate.
- Cut onion rings and roast them till they are brown. Then put them on the plates as well.